Watkinson’s plan for maintaining the health and safety of students and staff continues to follow all mandates, 最佳实践, 以及CDC目前的建议, 康涅狄格州教育部, 以及康涅狄格卫生部.
屏蔽 & 游客的政策
的 3月24日, after completing testing upon return from Spring Break, 口罩变得可选, but all who wish to continue masking at school are encouraged to do so. This updated mask policy applies to classrooms, athletic spaces, places we gather, “conveyances” (e.g.、公共汽车、货车等.)及活动.
截至3月30日， masking is now optional for all visitors both outside on our campus and inside a Watkinson building. 访问ors are strongly encouraged to maintain social distancing when with our students. 作为众多的年终活动, 有些在室内，有些在室外, 正在计划中吗, Watkinson reserves the right to require visitors to wear masks, 无论在室内还是室外, and that decision will be informed by the data from our on-campus testing, infection levels of our surrounding community, 以及来自国家的建议.
Also as of 3月24日, dining room seating will return to pre-pandemic regular use. Additional space is always available for students who wish to spread out. With the onset of warmer weather, outdoor seating and eating is available and encouraged. Watkinson employs a high performance air purification system (similar to those used by surgical centers) in the dining room.
在全校推广, we make use of our outdoor spaces as much as possible for teaching and learning, 吃午饭, 以及活动. We use layered mitigation strategies as reasonable in the classrooms, keeping in mind that we are striving to have both the best teaching and learning for our students while simultaneously adopting recommended health and safety measures. Mitigation strategies include added ventilation, 手消毒, and distance between students when sensible is to be used.
Watkinson began school-wide testing on January 11. We are partnering with Mirimus and participating in high-volume 新型冠状病毒肺炎 PCR pooled testing using simple, 自行收集唾液. Community members who have tested positive for COVID in the last 90 days are excluded from the school-wide testing and must send documentation of a positive test result (student name, 阳性检测日期, 测试结果的文件) firstname.lastname@example.org.
Individuals who test positive for 新型冠状病毒肺炎 should isolate at home for at least 5 days, 如果症状出现或持续，则更长时间. A mask is required to be worn at school for an additional 5 days at all times when around others. This timeline does not apply to individuals who continue to experience any symptoms associated with 新型冠状病毒肺炎 past day 5. In these cases, the person must not return to school until they are completely symptom-free. Any questions related to readiness to return to school can be addressed to our school nurse, 肯德拉威塞尔.
GENERAL GUIDELINES FOR SENDING YOUR CHILD TO SCHOOL
For general purposes, when deciding to send your child(ren) to school each day:
- If your student does not feel well, please keep them at home. 联系 pp电子的学校护士 for an assessment and school attendance plans. 视情况而定, you may be referred to your own healthcare provider for testing and/or care plan.
- If your unvaccinated student comes into contact with someone who has tested positive for 新型冠状病毒肺炎 outside of school or if your student tests positive for 新型冠状病毒肺炎, please immediately contact pp电子的学校护士 for further guidance and keep your student at home until the situation has been assessed and a plan for return to school has been established.
- Vaccinated individuals should continue to report close contacts to the school nurse, but may proceed to school if asymptomatic. Vaccinated individuals that are close contacts should wear a mask indoors for 10 days.
- If your student has traveled internationally, please contact pp电子的学校护士 for any appropriate guidance and protocols before your student returns to school.
- Vaccination for students is strongly encouraged and student vaccination information must be shared with pp电子的学校护士. The impact of a close contact causing a possible quarantine or isolation period on fully vaccinated students is much less intrusive to the educational process than for unvaccinated students.
Watkinson学校 continues to work closely with Hartford HealthCare to review the infection data and risk concerning 新型冠状病毒肺炎 infections as it pertains to the health and safety of our student athletes. Families will be provided a risk assessment tool that will assist with determining the need for physician clearance prior to returning to athletic participation. The return-to-play process will then be individualized by the HHC Athletic Training team.